O/C Death

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nrs129, Oct 26, 2006.

1. nrs129

nrs129 Private E-2

i recently built my computer and i played games on it for 3 monthes then i o/c it amd 2.2 ghz with my asus a8n sli mobo and now it turns on it doesnt beep or go to the bios the screen is just black is this the mobo because their are no beep codes present or the amd proscessorsor i also tried to remove system battery and moves the jumper back and forth still nothing i even swapped video cards stilllll need opinion thanx

2. eyeblazin

eyeblazin Private First Class

Can you get to bios to reset to default?

3. eyeblazin

eyeblazin Private First Class

Page 4-5 and 4-6 in your ASUS manual describe how to recover the bios try that

4. nrs129

nrs129 Private E-2

yea i tried that it doesnt even let me get to the bios

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Something else to check is your PSU
    I noticed your sig has a Aspire Case, Are you Aware Aspire makes the Worst PSU's in the market:eek:

Aspire PSU's have killed lots of hardware

After checking your PSU

Try a Long CMOS reset, 24hr's
    Remove battery, unplug PSU, press powerbutton to drain juice from capasitors, wait 24 hrs.
    After 24hr, Plug in, battery in, then when boot "Dont Try to Enter Windows" only BIOS First
    If your able to enter bios save defaults & exit then try booting to OS

Other Failed hardware like mobo/cpu/memory/video card can also cause a no video condition, if possible test in another PC

You might also check your system for a short, loose screw, skined wire or even burn marks on any hardware

When OCing were you adjusting voltages?

6. nrs129

nrs129 Private E-2

yea i tried to do that i am gonna upgrade psu maybe now that you mentioned ummm this is wierd i solved the prob. by swapping the ram out and turned it on and it worked then i put my gaming ram back in then tadaa works fine now ummmmmm yea had trouble with ram before but nooo beep codesss i thought it was odd please give good advice for psu for my system just summin basic addfordle thanx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds