Hotmail doesn't display properly in any browser

Discussion in 'Software' started by timzahm, Dec 8, 2011.

1. timzahm

timzahm Private E-2

A couple of weeks ago, after months of having no problems with Hotmail, I loaded it in Chrome and it was all jumbled (see screenshot) and when I click on a message, a folder, or anything else on the page, nothing happened. I tried in IE but it came up exactly the same. I deleted browsing history, cookies, etc. in both browsers but nothing changed. I even downloaded Firefox and tried that, only to have it look just like it did in the other two. I didn't install any new programs in between when Hotmail was working and when it stopped working. I have a feeling it might be a fairly simple fix but I just can't figure out what it might be.

Attached Files:

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

1. Is this limited only to Hotmail or have you had issues with other sites and/or programs? Try surfing the 'net to other sites with a heavy mix of text and graphics such as ebay.com, newegg.com and amazon.com. If the issue repeats with both multiple web sites and multiple browsers, you may have a video card issue.

1a: If this happens, go to the web site for your graphics card (ati, nvidia or Intel) and download/install the latest drivers.

2: What version(s) of IE and Firefox are you using? If below version 8 on either, update to IE8 (XP) or IE9 (Vista/Win 7).

3: If you have ad blocking software, try disabling it in browser add-ons.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds