virtual SCSI drives on my Windows XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by katiebaby_15, Sep 10, 2004.

1. katiebaby_15

katiebaby_15 Private E-2

in my device manager and in my computer i have 3 virtual drives showing up entitled:generic cd/dvd-rom scsi cdrom device(2 of them) and
    avx cd/dvd-rom scsi cdrom device
    NO idea where they came from i read the post about Alcohol 120 I had it but i uninstalled it..then i installed it again and set the virtual drivers to 0 and they are still there.. any ideas on how to get rid of them.... i has no SCSI hardware at all they just appeared one day..thanks

2. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

You can uninstall them in device manager and restart the computer. They should be gone after you boot back up. I believe if you right click on a device then click uninstall you should be able to remove it.

3. katiebaby_15

katiebaby_15 Private E-2

when i reboot they are re-installed some how, i had uninstall them then do a new hardware scan and they reapear

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds