C-Media AC97 Audio Device

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dynex, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

I have a problem with my Audio Driver. C-Media AC97 Audio Device. I just got Windows with Service Pack 2, and instead of letting me install the drivers myself, it decided to get all the latest drivers, and installed everything on its own. But my Sound doesnt work, it says This device cannot start. (Code 10), or just tells me there is an error with it. I never had this problem when I was installing the driver manually. And windows xp SP2 wont allow me to install it manually, i put the disk in and it tells me it cant find a better driver than the one installed. I uninstall the driver and 5 seconds later windows finds new hardware and installs it again.

2. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

Nevermind figured out how to install it manually. Still why does the older driver work and the newer one didnt?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds