advanced systemcare 3 pro help

Discussion in 'Software' started by robert111, Oct 13, 2009.

1. robert111

robert111 Private E-2

hello
    i just upgraded to advanced systemcare pro and i love it.there is one issue that i am having that i cant seem to fix it.when i scan asc pro on the system opt. it displays two problems and repairs them but they keep coming back every time i turn my computer back on.the problems are below

explorer problems:registry key: linkeresolveignorelinkinfo current value: n/a recommended: 0

explorer problems: registry key: noresolvesearch current value: n/a recommended: 1

can anyone please help me fix this so i can no longer see these problems on the scan.i will really appreciate any advise
    thank you
    robert111

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version do you have installed? If Vista then right click the shortcut to ASC Pro and choose Run as Administrator and see if that helps.

Howver as the top listing you mentioned in LinkResolveIgnoreLinkInfo is related in the registry to Windows being able to trace shortcuts back to their original application source, then its likely that one will like many other registry links be recreated on reboot or usage.

To be honest, dont think that there are issues with your PC with these files listing in a maintenence tool as in the main most cleanup tools list things they shouldnt really list as they are not items that would cause issues or slowness in your PC and in some instances with cleanup tools that go too in depth in the registry can actually cause your PC to fail or slow down more than not cleaning them.

noresolvesearch is also a ID listing for shortcuts.

Major cleanup scans if being used should really be used once in a blue moon IMHO.

3. robert111

robert111 Private E-2

Hi Halo
    thank you for your feedback.i didnt know these clean up tools could hurt or slow down my comp.do you think that advanced systemcare 3 pro is suited for me.i am only a+ certified and slowly learning different software as it comes.do you know of any good learning links that i could learn more about clean up tools.i would really appreciate it.
    thank you for your reply
    robert111

4. bettyswollocks

bettyswollocks Private E-2

i dont confess to be a geek by anymeans bud.
    but would delete system restore files,then run reg cleaner or malware or virus scanner to get rid of or viser versa.
    or failling that & i would look for directory of file & get rid of with program in advanced sytencare 3,forget what its called now think its in 10bit.
    i will even unblock files & delete,nice tool i think.

i to am very impressed with program,& are new to the forums tonite ,just register big up !!!!!!! MAGORGEEKS !!!!!!!!!!! awesome site.

i have just posted my first post in wrong place it seems Oooops
    sorry admin,my first post sorry.
    1 am wondering whether to upgrade to pro ???????
    you seem to be the very guy to talk to.
    the price seems very reansonable ??????
    would be appreciated any feedback or advice ty my friend :)

5. bettyswollocks

bettyswollocks Private E-2

quick reply to halo post.

Major cleanup scans if being used should really be used once in a blue moon IMHO

yes i agree with quote

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds