Videocard upgrade - MSI 8800GTS or 9600GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PopperceW, Jun 24, 2008.

1. PopperceW

PopperceW Private E-2

Hi guys

i'm planing to upgrade my MSI NX7600GT with new one
    From the price range that i can afford i have two cards on my mind

MSI NX8800GTS-T2D320E-HD-OC with price of 190 $
    and
    Vga MSI N9600GT-T2D512-OC with price of 225 $

So performance/price what shood i take ?

Ty

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Are you kidding? You should keep your eyes on the 8800GTX for $185 after the price cut, HD4850 for $200 or in July the 8800GTX+ for $225 which is a tad faster than the two.

Is your old card PCI-E?

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

EDIT (I tried to add this to my above post but wasn't allowed to)
    I run a 9600GT at home, and have only GREAT things to say about it. However, I have heard 'rumors' of folks having trouble with the 9600s, but it's only been rumors and 4th hand information; I have never spoken directly to anyone who's had problems, nor have I spoken to anyone who's spoken to anyone who's had problems. Whatever........ my 9600GT is rock solid, has never been the source of any issues, and plays everything I throw at it flawlessly... but I guess it's like anything else, if you look hard enough, you'll find someone somewhere that has problems with something ;)

5. PopperceW

PopperceW Private E-2

Ty for respond and for the info guys. First i whant to say that this price are from my local store becosue i cant buy from net. This two cards price is close to what i can give for upgrade of the video card. The better cards are way more expensiv like SI N9800GTX-T2D512-OC witch is 400 $ or NX8800GT-T2D1GE-OC witch is 385$. So i like the 9600GT but its the more expensiv card and i jsut whant to know if its wort more for the price. Well if anyone know site that send international to Macedonia without to ask more money for shipping than the card pls tell me :D
    yes my card is PCI-E.

Ty

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds