No signal on monitor (again)!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by loves160, Jul 3, 2008.

1. loves160

loves160 Private E-2

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I reported that I had bought a new custom built PC but when I connected it up to my old monitor a 'No Signal' message was displayed when the PC was booted and then the monitor went into standby mode.

After a couple of hours work and some useful guidance from yourselves I got it to work. I'm not too sure how though! I then proceeded to set up the Internet connections and change the resolution of the screen. I also attempted to install some antivirus software provided to me by the company I bought the PC off. This failed to install for some reason and I then got a message saying that I had to restart the PC.

Upon doing this, I found myself back at square one with the monitor saying 'No Signal'. What is going on?

Somebody help me please!!!!!!!!!:cry

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If your monitor lead connection is loose, at the video connection of your computer, that would be the first place I would start, as directed previously- if it does not screw up tightly, then check it out (still being careful not to overtighten)
    As simple as it says - no signal,- is pointing to that. Your graphics card is new ? replacement, old one ?
    As the monitor works elsewhere, I would recheck as advised before.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds