Computer turns off by itself!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aznkid209, Nov 22, 2008.

1. aznkid209

aznkid209 Private E-2

My computer is perfectly fine. It has no viruses or any malware. My computer runs in normal mode just fine. It never turns off. But when I go to safe mode, it turns off by itself after a few minutes. I tried to use my windows xp cd to repair this, but my computer also turns off by itself when I try to repair this. I can't do anything but go to normal mode. Please help me

2. arpitt

arpitt Private E-2

i think u have to clean and reinstall ur processor fan.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Can elaborate on that? What's the underlying reason for your recommendation? Do you think his CPU is running too hot? Why do you think that?

4. arpitt

arpitt Private E-2

hey don't get angry

this advice will not harm anyone

well ....if the matter of logic i out here is

if this problem relates with smps computer should restart not turn off

normally overheated processor ( heated because of dust or non regular coolant paste )
    give this kind of issue

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

What part of my previous post conveyed anger? I see none at all there? I merely asked you to explain *why* you suggested "clean and reinstall ur processor fan." And, I guess you've done that now, if I understand your last post.

6. arpitt

arpitt Private E-2

it seems u r agree with my logic ??

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't agree. My reasoning, if the computer has a heat problem, it would turn off in both normal and safe mode; probably normal mode sooner than safe mode for the turning off because normal mode loads all the drivers.
    But the original poster said that the computer does not turn off in normal mode only in safe mode. That means something other than heat is causing the shut off.

8. aznkid209

aznkid209 Private E-2

yeps. I can leave my laptop in normal mode for a really long time and it doesn't turn off. But yea safe mode always turns off...

9. arpitt

arpitt Private E-2

use "hijack this" and diagnose his log

or

download kaspersky removal tool

10. arpitt

arpitt Private E-2

don't worry , i will deeply read log first then i tell u what to do ?

11. TechHood

TechHood Private E-2

Are you using a dell XPS? I would try searching the Dell support forums to see if any body has had any problems like this.

12. aznkid209

aznkid209 Private E-2

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501.

13. TechHood

TechHood Private E-2

Go to dell.com look up in there tech support forums for your computer type and with your problem is listed, it might have also been happening to other people as well which means dell most likely they know how to fix it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds