Motherboard beeping while running BF2, mabey ram issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by haxzorcharlie, Aug 19, 2006.

1. haxzorcharlie

haxzorcharlie Private E-2

Ok, iam having problems in my game battlefield2 where as its been lagging on multiplayer and single player. It lags in a way that if i move a tank left it continues to move left without my control, likewise just running ect... And sometime my computer beeps while its lagging. I have ran the game without a internet connection on single player so its not internet. Ive ran my radeon 1600 512mg on the lowest settings and that didnt help. Its not over heating because iam running at 59C. I have 2 sticks of ram = too 1 gig which may be the problem because i just recently had this problem with the game and iam thinking one of the sticks may be bad. So i was wondering how i could test to find out which isnt working, or if u have any other ideas on what causes game lag on single player please tell me :)

Motherboard:MSI MS-6702
    CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ( not overclocked )
    Memory: DDR PC3200 / 1gig of ram

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Remove one stick of ram and try your game, if no different remove that stick and use the other, i dont ever remember a m-board beeping while in windows, that could also be a over heating video card. Be sure your pc is shut down before changing ram. ed

3. haxzorcharlie

Ok ive tryed that remove a stick but when i removed the stick in the second slot the game worked but it was still very laggy in singkle player. So i switch the 2 half gigs and my computer windows wouldnt start up and said something like please place something bout a diskeete? press any key, then i got my windows to start up once i put both back in. And how could i check to see if it is a over heating video card?

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

If it has a fan be sure it is running, if not feel the heatsink, warm, hot, very hot, you get my meaning. Is all your ram 3200? Just curios. ed

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

BF2 will run HORRIBLY with only 512 RAM

Thats the error u get if there is a floppy in the drive when u boot. Take it out and then press a key.

Ive never heard of windows beeping either, thats really wierd...

Try this: take one stick out, leave the other in slot 1 (shouldnt really matter tho) Play a game or whatever, see how it goes. To get BF to run better on 512 ram, turn down the Texture setting in Video options. If that works, then switch the sticks and try the other one in the same way

6. haxzorcharlie

yes it is a 3200 ram, I have tryed switching the sticks like u said and i tryed them on mutilplayer and single player, both sticks failed on multiplayer and both sticks lagged and had good run so there shouldnt be anything wrong with the ram.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds