German laptop to english laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jedis_Ghost, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Jedis_Ghost

Jedis_Ghost Private E-2

I have a laptop that has a german language version of WinXP on it. I want to wipe the HD clean and install my english Winxp on it. I have a program called driver magician. Supposedly it will collect all the drivers(non Microsoft) and back them up into a self-extracting file. I am watching it do its thing right now and I see that some of the drivers are named with german names. I am wondering if I will be having any problems when I go to reinstall the driver files. Will there be a glich when german drivers are installed on a english OS? Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I have installed windows on many PCs but this is a new(or foreign...HA HA)task for me.

Thanks for all the help in the past.
    This is a great site staffed by really helpful people.

Jedis_Ghost

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Good question, never tried backing up drivers using that method, but what i would suggest is as your laptop maker will most likely have all the core drivers you'll need I would pay them a visit and pre download all the drivers you need and pop them on CD. I'm just thinking that some drivers you have now maybe multi language but some may not be so by trying to see if your laptop maker in their downloads section do specify language.

then install XP Eng and all the downloaded drivers, starting with Motherboard Chipset drivers then GFX and so on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds