damaged 'boot sector' on hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mhjr, Apr 16, 2006.

1. mhjr

mhjr Private E-2

Shut down and went to start up next day and got 'invalid system disk' used another hard drive to pull up my main drive, rann all the virus scans and malware on drive and nothing.. I think I have a bad boot sector on the drive. all programs were working on it when I checked it. still get same message when I make it Master. So how can you replace the boot sector on it to make it work?? Running windown ME...thank you
    Mark

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Did you run a scan disc on it?

3. mhjr

mhjr Private E-2

Yes scan/restore and scan and all the rest of the little things MS tells you. I have checked all that and used spare drive (back up I keep in drawer) to pull it up. thenScaned it for all virus, and malware it's clean. my BOIS does not recognize it as a 'valid system disk' so the first boot sector is messed up. But thanks for the reply

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds