disable system restore windows 98

Discussion in 'Software' started by panger, Sep 20, 2004.

1. panger

panger Private E-2

Major Geeks I have tried to disable my system restore using the stepyou discribe for windows 2000. yet to no avale. I have a legend 4610 packard bellwithwindows 98.4.10.2222A,with 80 MB of ram.C drive has been converted to fat 32 and a 56 K fax modem Cirrus 5430/40 PCI, 63% of my system is free I have the AVG 6.0 anti viruis free .upon running it I was scared to leard I have 2 trojan horse. I dont know if I should put there names (the virus names )or not I dont know if they can be transfered like that so I will not spell out the names unless that is nessacery. I have them locked in the virus valt right now ButI feel they are an my restore file Because of what MAJOR ADDITUDE stated and when I start my computer the screen turns bright red and the display states that I have a trojan virus.Is there anything I can do to kill them for good? please help and thank you in advance for all of your help. clpangborn@sbcglobal.net Thank you ,Panger

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

panger,

Windows 98 doesn't have System Restore. The first version of Windows to have System Restore was Me.

Typing the names of viruses in your posts has no effect on the Major Geeks board or on any readers of the board.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds