manual ram help plz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrampaBob, Nov 18, 2006.

1. GrampaBob

GrampaBob Private E-2

My computer keeps randomly rebooting almost exclusively during gameplay and I suspect my RAM aren't jiving with my system. I bought 2 sticks of ram a while back on the same day from two different stores.

My question is, can someone direct me to some manual ram BIOS values because they are under AUTO right now and I'm trying to troubleshoot.

I have CPU-Z running and here's some info
    cas 3, ras to cas 3, ras 3, tras 8, trc 11, rate 2t, dram 16, single channel

1gig kingston valueram kvr400x64c3a/1g
    512 kingston valueram kvr400x64c3a/512

asus a8v-mx mobo (i checked the modules in my mobo vendors guide and they are both qualified for my mobo)

I have swapped the ram slots and also used one or the other with the same reboot results. The reboots are completely random. I have a 600W PSU with 24A on the +12

Thanks for any input. My other hardware is all new as well.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Right click my computer / properties / advanced / start up and recovery and uncheck restart on errors ....this will give you a BSOD ..post the exact error report.

3. GrampaBob

GrampaBob Private E-2

Thnx for the reply....

I actually did have that unchecked at one point as per forum readings and it resulted in a blue screen but no text instead of rebooting.....computer just hung right there.

Typical BSOD exact colour minus text. Just to make sure I didnt have video issues, I sent my card back to ATI under warrenty and they gave me a replacement card.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds