OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Discussion in 'Software' started by Harvey, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey

Harvey Private E-2

Fellow Geekers,

I am having a big problem in my little world. I have no sound from my sound card. I tried everything...I think! The troubleshooter in windows says that it is working properly but still not sound. I reformated the system and even put a new sound card in. I changed out my speakers with my friends speakers thinking that it was my own speakers giving me problems but still no sound. And I also noticed that the suttering of my harddrive has returned. There is also no sound coming from my ATI 8500 DV ALL-IN-Wonder video card. The troubleshooter says that I need to download the WDM capture drivers from ATI. Which I have. But then when I run the test on it to see if it was downloaded, the pc check test says that I need to download the WDM capture driver.
    I also noticed in the Device manager, there is an exclamation mark on OHCI Compliant IEEE 1395 Host Controller. Could someone Pleeeese tell me what this is and could this be the problem??? And if it the problem, where and how do I get it and install it...
    Also I did all the updates for my sound card

My Computer Specs:
    Windows XP with all the updates
    512 Ram
    Maxtor 45 gb HDD
    Blaster Audigy LS
    ATI 8500DV ALL-IN-WONDER

Many Thanks to you all :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sounds like maybe you need a BIOS update.

What is the code and description for the bang on your 1394 controller?

3. Starkman

Starkman Private First Class

Hey Harvey,

I wouldn't think the Open Host Controller would be causing your issue (that's not to say it ain't possible, though!); it can, however, big time, when you're using USB.

Starkman

4. berf

berf Private E-2

im having trouble with my OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller and im not sure how to fix it. It getting really annoying because i can't use my USB, therefore i ave no printer, MP3 player etc. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

First berf, don't hijack other peoples threads, second OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller has nothing to do with your usb. That IEEE 1394 stands for firewire.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Make a new thread please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds