XP Reinstall driver issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by M_Logan, Jan 17, 2009.

1. M_Logan

M_Logan Private E-2

Just reinstalled Windows XP on a relative's computer. Unfortunately, in the process of doing so, everything was lost, but you know how that goes. It was badly infected with virii, malware, trojans, etc. I won't even speculate on what they were doing with the blasted thing.

The problem, as it stands now, is that XP's drivers did not install correctly. In fact, only the absolute bare core drivers are present; 640 x 480 video, no modem, basic audio, you get the idea. Luckily, they had been forced to buy a replacement modem and had a disk for it, so the computer does have internet access.

I'm currently not on location with the affected computer; the earliest I will have access to it is tomorrow afternoon. As such, I am uncertain of its configuration. It has a hard drive circa 60 gigabytes, ~2.8 ghz processor, unknown amount of RAM.

I will run Everest on it tomorrow at the earliest occasion and post the results in a reply here; in the meantime, can you guys perchance assist me in figuring this out?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I would be happy to help! But (as you stated) we need a full Everest report uploaded as an attachment to your next post.....
    :-D

3. M_Logan

M_Logan Private E-2

Everest log attached.

Attached Files:

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds