HTML learning

Discussion in 'Software' started by stiched, Jul 15, 2006.

1. stiched

stiched Private First Class

hi, im intrested i learning some web bases languages in my own spare time, i have already started to do lots of reading and exploring all of the different languages available. obviously i have to start with HTML.
    i already know the basics of visual basic such as loops and arrays and files etc and can produce some simple programs. however i can read HTML coding and understand all the tags and how it works, but i am not able to sit down and build a webpage. i am only interested in coding the websites and not designing them as i find designing so boring. this means that i have no images of navigation buttons,headers and logos etc to position. are there any guides out there that give you all the images to work with so that there would only be coding involved for me? i have dreamweaver and fireworks, but dont like importing stuff from fireworks as i dont like designing the sites.
    i am aware that this is a strange thing to say but im sure there have been similar cases you have seen, and was wondering what the solutions were

thanks, any suggestions are appreciated, i have also searched this forum and others aswell as the stickys

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

3. stiched

yes, i have looked at this site and its great, tells me how to do everything but im planning on making a website of my own to get practice, rather then just learning the tags and stuff that this website is all about

hope you understand thanks again for getting back to me so quickly

4. Bomba

Bomba Private First Class

stiched

There are thousands of graphic sites out there that offer free graphics . . .buttons, logos, menus, etc. There are also quite a few that allow you to design your own graphics using an online generator. I am a senior gmod for a bulletin board software firm and the first place that I tell most people to go is www.grsites.com for backgrounds and buttons and such. Another good site for buttons is www.buttongenerator.com and still another is www.flamingtext.com A google search will point you to thousands of other sites.
    Keywords to use in your search will be free web graphics, free smilies, free web buttons, free web sets, etc. Hope it helps.

5. stiched

well thanks for the quick replys everyone, i have been picking up XHTML well recently and feel fairly confedent about using it, i was wondering if anyone had any of their first sites still laying about somewhere so i could get more of an idea in where to start, and what tasks to do to help get more experience, ive started to learn CSS and all i need is some simple tasks to complete rather than just reading and copying there online tutorials.

also im planning on not using books - as im young and just finished 11 years of copying out of text books (school), i dont particualrly like it!

thankz again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds