Proscan 7.85" Tablet

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by outdoorgal, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

with1 gh dual core processor
    Android 4.2 JellyBean
    8GB Memory
    Front camera, 69.00 on sale from 109.00

Does anyone know of these and have a review/opinion?

My gal-friend might want to buy it.She favors simple browsing, email.

Thanks in advance for any help, Denise

Pandora/music apps that she likes as well.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The 512MB of RAM seems a bit low. I recommend at least 1GB.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI Denise

Having read a few reviews of this tablet, its not great, scores 3 out of 5 in most reviews and as JP mentions 512MB ram is slim, the tablet may work for just surfing but much else not so great.

Think for simple stuff it would be ok, cannot think of an alternative yet that is in the same price range.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Avoid. Anything below 4.4 (KitKat), the newest has security problems that will not be fixed.

Also I had two tablets. An ASUS Memo and a cheap unit ($40 on special sale) called BrightTab. I discovered that all tablets are not equal! The first three apps I wanted to install from the googleplay store, I could not. I got the notice: this app is not compatible with your device. Some cheap tablets will not allow you to install some of the googleplay apps.

I ended up doing a factory reset on the tablet and returned it to the store.

5. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

Thank you to all of you, my friend has decided against it as I tell her you guys are the best. You've helped me so many times;) Thank you again, Denise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds