Don't let your MSN e-mail account freeze up!

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 18, 2004.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi all
    i have just received this e-mail from msn. Apparently i am well over the limit and over the last few days my msn account has been playing up. "Now i know why". Should you receive a similar e-mail it looks like you will have to pay about $30 dollars a year for additional storage
    I only have the link for the UK at present
    http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-gb&page=hotmail/es100&XAPID=1648&DI=1059&HL=upsellletter_feb04
    Don't let your MSN e-mail account freeze up!

As a valued customer, we want to remind you if your MSNĀ® e-mail account goes over the 2 MB storage limit, it will automatically be frozen. This means you will not be able to send or receive any new messages, and all messages sent to you will bounce back without notification.

Your e-mail account will stay frozen until you delete enough messages to bring it under the 2 MB limit. Therefore, it is crucial to monitor the size of your account and regularly delete messages.

To avoid the hassle of deleting messages, MSN Hot mail Extra Storage could be an option for you.
    Looks like i may have to get an additional account with hot mail :(

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nick I just tried to access my MSN & Hotmail account using OE and got a strange error ( 404 perminent or something ) I logged in online to both of them as my accounts are both empty nowt in them.

I did see a corupt email from Hotmail Staff that when I tried to open it gave the message it couldnt get all of the message, I deleted these emails and my account can be accessed via OE again ...

I wonder if Hotmail are sending these out to get peeps to upgrade their accounts?

Just something to look out for if you use OE to access Hotmail/MSN and OE gives errors.

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi Halo
    It certainly looks that way at the moment?

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Yeah Halo I also got one from the staff but there was nothing there. They usually do this to drum up sales and this one got screwed. My account is usually less than 20%

5. dismember

dismember Private E-2

if you just weant it for spam filter get a acount at www.excite.com
    i have had one for years without any problems

6. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Sales pitch is what it is in most cases. I keep the spam deleted and move mail I want to save daily so my box never gets over 40-50% full and I get one about once a month.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds