Locating my battery life leak!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr_Clay_Bell, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Mr_Clay_Bell

Mr_Clay_Bell Private E-2

I have a 2-year-old HP Pavillion ZD8000 laptop. I've been having really bad problems with battery life lately that I am pretty sure are related to my aging batteries.

However, I have been thinking about replacing my processor with a new one in order to save battery life.

Let me know what you guys think. I just wonder if replacing the processor with either Celeron D or a Core 2 L-series would help very much at all. (When my batteries function correctly, I get 1 hour and 15 minutes of battery life).

Specs:

17" Brightview-WXGA LCD Screen
    Socket 478 Pentium 4 w/HT 2.8 GHZ
    ATI Mobility Radeon X600 (256 MB VRAM)
    1.25 GB DDR-RAM (2 DIMMS)
    60 GB 5,400 RPM HD
    DVD-R/RW drive
    Windows XP Home Edition

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

The batteries with the HP laptops, last at the most 1.5 hours. As for replacing the processor, sorry, but not a doable, due to the motherboard will not handle the Core2. You would be better off looking at a different machine, if wanting something else. There is a battery pack that you can purchase for your laptop, that can give up to 20 hours of battery time, but you will have to pack it with the laptop, when using it off of wall power.

3. Mr_Clay_Bell

Mr_Clay_Bell Private E-2

You mentioned this super battery pack . . . Is it like the ghost busters back packs huge? What did you mean I'll have to pack it with my laptop? I tried to google 20 hour battery but didn't get much.

Thanks for the help.

4. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

also alot of times on laptops the cpu's are permantly attached to the sockets

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds