Version tracker

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by NeonCactus, Jun 12, 2008.

1. NeonCactus

NeonCactus Private E-2

Anyone ever try this site?

I have a Vista PC and I do have some problems with video files playing....the sound plays but not the picture. I keep seeing that I have to "update" my codecs but I guess I'm confused as to where to go.

I saw this URL and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

http://www.versiontracker.com/subscribe/cn00715/?tag=cn00715

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

start a new thread in the >>> Software Forum

The guys in there will be able to advise you further.

Good Luck.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Version Tracker was around as long as we were when we were Tweakfiles. For some reason, they sold to Cnet who will probably ruin it. It sure looks like it already. Having already sold one site to Cnet to see it destroyed, I think you will watch as it goes downhill.

4. Major Attitude

P.S Let me add that I have seen driver update programs before and ALL of them have failed. If they even slightly miss what hardware you have verses drivers installed\needed, you could easily wipe your operating system. Reason is simple. There are tens of thousands of different drivers and hardware. Then there are 20 possible operating sytems. To keep up with this requires a HUGE team working every day to make sure they have the right release for all of these possibilities. Not going to happen. You might try

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5326

But to pay 30 bucks for that utility? Not in a million years, my apologies to anyone who does.

5. NeonCactus

NeonCactus Private E-2

MA-

Thanks for the post.....I will check out your recommendation.

-NC

6. NeonCactus

NeonCactus Private E-2

MA-

Thanks for the recommendation on this. It worked!

I just watched a video by my favorite band that I had not yet been able to watch previously.....thanks again!

-NC

7. Major Attitude

Awesome brother! Glad it worked, geeks will always outselect an automated program guessing what you have\need.... Dont be a stranger!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds