Internet Packet Activity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thegame2388, Jul 25, 2005.

1. thegame2388

thegame2388 Private E-2

Okay well first of all, there's a computer and a laptop. The computer is hooked up to the router and the laptop has a 802.11g wireless lan in it. For some odd reason, the laptop stopped working so we re-installed XP and re-did the wireless internet using the SSID we always used. Except now, it doesnt WORK! so we changed the SSID and on the laptop's screen in the lower left it says "Connected to BLAH BLAH, Signal: EXCELLENT SPEED: 54mbps" so when I go to double click on the INTERNET EXPLORER, it doesnt work! the "Page You Requested Has Failed" crap comes up! So I decided to check out the connection and noticed that the in the status window, the "SENT" internet packets are rising but the "RECEIVED" packets is staying at "0".....so I'm guessing THATS the problem.....HELP PLEASE THANKS!

2. thegame2388

thegame2388 Private E-2

I'll try

3. thegame2388

thegame2388 Private E-2

Still doesnt work.... :(

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

WHat is the IP address?

What is the error if you try to ping something, either by FQDN or by IP address?

5. thegame2388

thegame2388 Private E-2

there is no error. the packet activity is NOTHING

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Ok, its apprent you haven't tried pinging anything.

Do so now, by IP address and fully qualified domain name, i.e. yahoo.com

Also, once again, what is your IP address.

7. thegame2388

thegame2388 Private E-2

for some odd reason, everything worked out.....thanks for those who attempted to help though!

8. sportsman

sportsman Private E-2

Hi thegame,
    Can u please explain me how did u solve the problem. I am facing the same problem. Sent packets keep increasing but received stays at 0. If u can find out how u solved ur problem please do help me.

Thanks very much in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds