Netbook HP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lovemymcdreamy, Nov 3, 2010.

1. lovemymcdreamy

lovemymcdreamy Private First Class

My Netbook is brand new. Windows 7 HP, Keeps restarting over and over. Help

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, lovemymcdreamy.

A few quick questions:

What is the make and model # of your machine?
    Was any hardware or software installed before this happened that might have caused the problem?
    Have you tried Safe Mode?
    Do you have the Windows or OEM operating system disk, or does the machine have a recovery partition?

3. lovemymcdreamy

lovemymcdreamy Private First Class

It is HP Netbook 210, nothing was installed. Just brought it home from the store. First it went into recovery on its own. Then it just keeps restarting. Error comes up that it can't load and says to start windows again. I don't know how to get to anything per on the keys. I can't get to the start board due to it starting over and over.

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Yikes! That ain't good.

We could start troubleshooting this thing, but to be honest, I think your best bet would be to return it and try a different model.
    If we have to dismantle the machine, you may void any warranties that may be implied, especially since it's brand new.

5. lcsmith39

lcsmith39 Private First Class

Agreed, If it has done this straight out of the box, just take it back and have it replaced. If it is defective right out of the box odds are even if you get it working, it will be a flaky machine its whole life.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds