Wireless Network Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drusmooth, Apr 25, 2004.

1. drusmooth

drusmooth Private E-2

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with my network problem.

Ok, I have 25 computers in my apartment. I have 22 of them on ethernet cords in one room and 3 desktops (#9, #10, #21) around the apartment on wireless. I have a business that I run and #9 holds all the business files on its shared network. I just set the wireless network up and #9 and 10 both access the internet fine. #10 can access the files on #9's shared doc's fine. The problem is #21 is having trouble accessing the internert and shared files. It works but is very slow. I have a linksys router and all 3 are linksys USB recievers. They are all about the same distance from the router. #9 and 10 are both the same compaq desktop while #21 is a sony desktop. I can't understand why 21 is struggling to recieve internet and files. Can anyone provide a suggestion?
    Thanks
    Brian

2. drusmooth

drusmooth Private E-2

also im on a B network...wondering if G or higher would help?

3. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

what's the signal like on #21. Just because it's the same distance doesn't mean you get the same signal, differences in wall construction may block the signal, electrical panels tend to do the same thing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds