Scotland Yard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Matacumbie, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I am really impressed with the investigation and progress they are making after the bombings. Pretty amazing the things they have discovered in such a short period of time.

You folks in the UK should be proud, they are doing a fantastic job. :)

Steve

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I agree. Pretty sickening, though, to learn that a British citizen created the bombs to blow up fellow citizens.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

But unexpected? It shouldn't be... just because you're a citizen doesn't really mean anything.

I am very pleased with the progress they've made too. I think its a great example of what our little country can do when it is united :)

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Did any of you also read that the "ingredients" for the bombs were put together using chemicals that can be bought from any Pharmacy - scary eh???

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

It helps with 30+ years of terrorist experience that NSY and the Security Services ( MI5/6 ) have, albiet this is a new type of terrorist tactic for the UK...

Worst thing is McA is that household and gardening items can be made into crude bombs... chuck in a few nails and NASTY!!

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I guess not. Kinda goes along with Kodo's thread earlier this week...everyone seems to be in it for themselves nowadays :(

7. Tabasco

Tabasco Private First Class

Very impressive response from the authorities on this one, I concur--my fiancee commented just this morning something along the lines of "Is it just me or are the police over there solving this a lot faster than any of the other ones that have happened?"

8. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

the police in england are not so split by goegraphics. they have more discretionary powers. they have the almost total support of the courts. they are not restricted by the constitution. they are practiced in international and nationwide investigations. 'the Sweeney' is probably the best crime fighting force in the world, and are used world wide for information and advise. i am not surprised that they have made such progress. makes one proud. aloha

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I would think this will also serve as a warning or good deterrent, maybe those badboys will think twice before trying that crap again over there. It's pretty obvious they are going to get caught.....or better. :D

Steve

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Worst thing is I dont think even the prospect of capture will stop these fanatics who are systematically destroying any ties between the west and Islam!!

as for BETTER... well they should remember IRA terror suspects + Gibralta = SAS kill team ;)

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

They sure did good. The infamous "Shoe-bomber" device builder lived about 2 miles from my parents' house. He got arrested pretty quick too.

@LaurieB....The Sweeney was just a cop program in the UK in the 70's hun :p LOL (couldn't resist)

12. Seargent Geek

Seargent Geek Private First Class

As far as i know, the "Shoe-bomber" was laying in the same room at the maternity clinic where i was born. I am overhelmed how life can bring the short highways of life in such a matter, back together. Here, at Major Geeks.:eek:

I am REALLY surprised !

13. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

no it isn't! it's cockney rhyming slang for 'the flying squad' (Sweeney Todd)

14. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Well I never knew that! I guess I shouldn't wander through life with my mince pies closed ;)

15. Tabasco

Tabasco Private First Class

[extreme bass]The demon barber of Fleet Street![/extreme bass]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds