xp por error code 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by swifty, Aug 11, 2006.

1. swifty

swifty Private E-2

OK, I am having the same trouble as Dino is having but went alot further so much as to write 0's to the drive and even run a memory check a mother board check and a full HD check per qtech pro and seagate tools and every thing checks out fine, and it will not let me install 98, ME xp home, or xp pro!!
    So here goes (dont laugh cause this is old stuff but in cream of the crop condition) celeron 400mhz, 128 meg of pc100 memory ,20 gig seagate hard drive,32x cd (bought it today has a warrinty) floppy drive is good, and when it gets to kernel debugger it hangs. ive tried everything at the so called microsoft brain base and everything posted here, and nothing works, so if anyone can help please do if not its time to break out the .50 cal and see it i can still hit an old box at a mile LOL, serious though if ya can help please do..
    :eek:

2. PCJinx

PCJinx Private First Class

Not going to laugh...
    Why buy one when you already have one? :)

Ok...
    For this first one make sure the floppy is first boot device.
    For 98/me you need to boot from a 98 boot floppy. At the DOS prompt type D: setup
    For a XP... in CMOS find the boot order section... (usually in the Advanced setup section in Awards BIOS)
    Select the CD drive as the first boot device... Save.
    Your XP CD install should activate.
    IF the BIOS doesn't allow bootable CD's...
    Use the 98 startup disk again and again at the prompt type D: setup
    This should get you started.

Providing you haven't tried all that already. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds