problem deleting user account using XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by sqwatter, Jul 5, 2007.

1. sqwatter

sqwatter Private E-2

Recently another account on my computer has been seriously screwing up so i decided to delete it and start from scratch. the account has administrator status like my own account but when i attempted to delete the said account via my own account, control panel stopped responding and has done at every subsequent attempt. An error message box then appears saying that mshta.exe causes the problem. any ideas on what i can do because the account seriously slows the computer down and for example, changes settings in my network connections and its driving me up the wall.
    thanks a lot in advance

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Your security software may be stopping you from making the changes ...you may want to disable it until you can delete the account.
    Have you tried doing it in safe mode?
    Also:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds