no wired or wireless network card detected

Discussion in 'Software' started by pcrampage, Dec 1, 2008.

1. pcrampage

pcrampage Private First Class

i have just completed a fresh install of windows xp home i built the pc and ofcourse,i use the drivers from the disk the came with my motherboard i've never had a problem befor but now things have changed i have added a hard drive that is not yet formatted ...this is the only difference the only chance i have made when i use connection diagnosis it says that windows cannot find a wired or wireless network card...i've tried to download the latest drivers burn them on another and install them. it keeps telling me i should close all applications reboot! the extraction program says cannot create some files. the window above that shows all the files unpacking has an error in red that starts with cannot create ..i do use a linksys router but that wasn't a factor on a fresh install i had previously done. i use wired cable i will be greatful for even the smallest hint thank you in advance

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The first step would be to 'bypass' the router and plug directly in to the modem and see if that works. If you could post the motherboard make/model, we may be able to provide more help. Try copying the drivers off the motherboard CD directly to your desktop and run them from there. Ideally, you'd extract them yourself using TUGZip or WinRAR. Then install the drivers by using the SETUP.exe files within the now extracted folders, or by going thru the Device Manager and pointing the Hardware Wizard to the extracted folder(s).

(when you set up TUGZip -which is 100% free and my favorite "unzipper"- simply click Next all the way through; on the final screen you'll see a column on the left that contains a bunch of different compression formats with a Select All under it; click the Select All, click Finish, and close the next window that opens; then right click on the desired file and select the 2nd green arrow option; it should say "Extract to: .\*filename*"; you'll end up with an extracted folder on your desktop)

3. pcrampage

pcrampage Private First Class

wow dlb i don't know why that worked where the motherboard disk failed but it did! odd stuff i've done like 4 windows installs with that disk without a problem..expect for realtek. which i found a fix for here at majorgeeks.com...one site i am very glad to be a part of..thank you very much

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds