OEM installed Windows XP recovery on DELL latitude D620

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vpw, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Vpw

Vpw Private E-2

Hello,

I was in the process of recovering my laptop from a Malware issue, before which I need to first recover my system from a BSOD error I am getting. I have raised this in the malware forum (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=194828) where I was advised to first get the machine booted.

As per the suggestion there, the first thing I need to do is to try a recover operation:

> However, you may want to try the below if you have your Windows boot CD or the Recovery Console installed. This could possibly get your PC bootable again.

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545&sd=tech

On the link above, it says that:

> Warning: Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer has an OEM-installed operating system.

As my laptop has an OEM installed OS, and I have the reinstallation CD for Windows XP SP2. (Note: I had upgraded to SP3 on my laptop earlier).

My question is: how do I go about trying this task? Is there some other procedure I should follow to recover given that my OS is OEM installed? Will this actually resolve the issue I am getting:

(from the thread in Malware forum):

> 5. Now while booting Im getting a: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000) kind of message and blue screen. When I try Safe mode boot, or last known good configuration, the same happens.

Thanks in advance.

-Vardhan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds