Dvds as data discs?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Minus, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Minus

Minus Private E-2

They advertise on the package that the capacity is about 4.7gb. Im wondering if if there is a way to burn data and use these to backup files instead of cdrs. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

2. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Certainly. You can treat a writeable DVD disk pretty much the same way you can a writeable CD-ROM -- if you have a DVD drive.

Get a copy of Nero. It does it all. If you're buying a DVD drive, get one that includes Nero Express. It's enough for that job.

3. Minus

Minus Private E-2

i have a dvd burner, but are there any other programs that can do this other than nero (I know its a great prog, i used to have it on my old cpu, i just cant afford to purchase a copy of it a.t.m., and i dont want to dl the free trial)

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

CDBurnerXP is excellent, and it's FREEEEEEEEE!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds