cant reinstall driver? wtf!

Discussion in 'Software' started by viper_boy403, Jan 8, 2007.

1. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

A while back i had a thread about not being able to install a driver which Halo helped me with ty very much. Now that device somehow got uninstalled and it wont let me install the driver again. Im not sure how or why this happened but its really bugging me lol. Its for a Conexant iTVC16/CX23416 (tv tuner card)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

uninstal everything to do with tv tuner card (pvr etc)
    remove it from device manger
    turn off computer
    remove tv tuner card
    turn on computer (allow to fully restart)
    turn off computer
    replace tv tuner card
    turn on computer
    reinstal software and drivers
    should work (works for me)

As per usual no scientific basis to my reply
    just good ol' trial and error :banghead

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

already did the uninstall, remove, reinstall but ill try taking the card out tomorrow. thanks

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Unless it's one of those devices that instructs you to install the driver software before installing the hardware...

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

it came in my old Sony VAIO. I had it working for a while about 2 weeks ago and then one day it just started detecting it as new hardware and it wont use the drivers it used to.

6. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

ok well i tried that, didnt work. this is really bugging me, i need it to make a movie. i may just need to go out and buy a new card. Any more ideas?

7. trentw2323

trentw2323 Private E-2

try to force install the drivers, right click on the device in device manager, update driver, install from a specific location (advanced), dont search i will choose the driver to install, click on the have disk button, and point to the folder with the drivers, it may say the device is not compatible with the driver and would you like to install anyway, install it anyway bc you know its the right driver. Hope this helps.

8. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

yea thats what ive been trying to do. it worked a while ago then one day it just randomly uninstall itself and wont let me install the driver that worked last time. I think this card is just screwing with me...lol

if anyone can find a driver for me that would be great, ive looked FOREVER and only found that one that doesnt work anymore :cry

ooo nvm, that is a bit different that what ive been trying...Well i tried that and "this folder does not contain information about your hardware" or something similar to that.

9. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  10. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

xp home sp2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds