Linksys Router Password Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AZYUMA86, Feb 2, 2007.

1. AZYUMA86

AZYUMA86 Private E-2

So I'm trying to setup a Linksys wireless-g router model number WRT54G with my DSL connection. I followed the basic instructions that came with the router and towards the end of the process it says detecting network settings with a % bar. The bar fills to 100% and then asks for a password. I've tried the password my DSL company gave me along with various other things like admin etc. After I enter the password I hit enter and it just asks me for the password over and over again. Can anybody help me with this password problem. I'm on a PC by the way. Thanks.

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

IIRC, default username is admin, default password is (blank) for54G.

3. AZYUMA86

AZYUMA86 Private E-2

The problem isn't the password for the configuration page, but rather a password it wants to complete the setup and I'm not sure what it is considering my DSL password didn't work.

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

5. AZYUMA86

AZYUMA86 Private E-2

Ok, so I'm trying to do what that link says. Problem is I can no longer access the router configuration page. The default 192.168.1.1 isn't working anymore. I checked the default gateway with the router plugged in and it is actually something different now. That doesn't work to access the router configuration page either. Is there something common that would be stopping me from accessing the router configuration page?

6. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hmm, I don't know right offhand. You might want to hard reset your router and start over since this your initial set up. Reset button located on back of router. Quote from Linksys -
    NOTE: The router can be set to factory default by pressing the Reset button of the router and resetting through the router’s web-based setup page. Pressing the Reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds will reset your router to its factory default settings. Any settings on the router will be erased and the router’s IP address will become “192.168.1.1” and the password will be “admin.”

You can also use this guide for basic set up questions -
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

7. Ur_Daddy

Ur_Daddy Private E-2

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem... same hardware and everything. I tried the hard reset... but still no dice. Any other advice for me?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds