Trouble finding admin password in router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cobra, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

I have a Teletronics Router that I need to find the admin password to setup port forwarding because my ISP changed it. I have searched many websites for crackers and I am no having any luck. Can somebody help?

Thanks!!!

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Considered using the default reset procedure outlined in the docs? Then it should be admin/1234 again.

3. Cobra

I have looked through the Owners Manual and there is no way listed to reset the password after you don't know what it is. What docs is TheDoug referring to?

4. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

5. Cobra

Thanks mr_flea!!!

6. Cobra

I now know how to reset the router to factory defaults, but without the proper cables I cannot do a telnet session. Does anyone have any programs to get passwords from a HTTPS server? I have looked around quite a bit, but haven't found any programs that recover passwords for HTTPS servers. :rolleyes:

7. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I don't think that will work. Just get a cable from some computer store.

8. Ry4n

Ry4n Private E-2

Im also having trobules with my router i have a linksys wireless-g 2.4ghz broadband router and i cant get to the setup page. i want to open some ports so i can run a server but i cant remeber my password..please help.thanks

9. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

If you changed it from the default, and cannot remember what you changed it to, you will have to reset it using a paper clip to depress a small button inside a hole on the back. This info should be in the instructions that came with it:

Reset Cable/DSL Router to factory default. If you want to start over and set the router to factory default, put the reset button with a pen or something small enough to go through the hole for 3 seconds or until the Red Diag Light comes on, then restart the computer.

10. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

He has some sort of linux box router, not a normal wireless one. I'm not sure you can even call it a router, it only has one port.

11. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

I was replying to Ry4n, who has exactly one post here. Not sure how you could tell such info from it, unless you know him personally.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds