This is a Cruel, Cruel World

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Adrynalyne, May 17, 2015.

1. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

It ain't cruel, some folks just cant drive.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It'll buff out.

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Sadly some people just don't care is they dent or scratch your car. :( It is like Opps, oh well, and go on.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The worst part is that I was parked. I was inside the store shopping.

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

That's bad. Thats not even just a little ding. They really just back right into you fast.

:(

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It was a big work van. I don't know that they pulled out fast, just didn't hit the brakes as soon they impacted.

8. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Probably don't have insurance anyway.
    Sorry you got unlucky.
    Is this where we make our voices heard for self driving cars? I have been in traffic with the Google car and it is by far the best driver I have ever seen. I ride a motorcycle and the Google car even has the right answer for a lane splitter next to it.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

They had commercial insurance. The problem is, its their word against mine, and while the owner claimed responsibility at the scene, I didnt think to call my insurance company and get it on recording.

10. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

They leave any paint you can match?
    I only hope the driver has remorse and reports it.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I dunno. It was a beat up work van. I've got all his info and he has none of mine outside a phone number. So I think thats in my favor. The guy said he takes full responsibility, but I just have a deep distrust of all people outside my immediate family.

12. ynot

ynot Private First Class

That would annoy me but the main thing is no one got hurt. I am taking driving lessons now at the age of 42. I guess i got all the fun to come.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It is. It was originally 4160x3120.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  14. locodave

locodave Corporal

Make a police report. ASAP Without it. Insurance companys won't cover it. Any witness that was there to back you up?

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Private property (parking lot), the police won't come here in AZ unless there are injuries. I have the store manager as a witness, possibly.

I've already made a claim and am waiting for the process to move forward.

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Talk about a quick turn around.

Insurance adjuster called me today, and asked me to bring it by after work for an estimate. Instead, they took the car to the body shop and gave me a rental, no charge to me. I should have it back in the next day or so, assuming no parts are needed.

17. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

That is good news. ;)

18. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ouch and some folk just don't care these days, good on ins company dealing with it quickly, it wont cost you anything will it or make your premiums go up at all?

Dont know how car insurance works in the US.

19. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No because I wasn't at fault. It was a 1.3k USD repair. All done now though :)

20. DavidGP

Thats good news and great on repair already done.

21. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It would have been done at the beginning of the week but it cost less for them to replace the front bumper cover. So I got a new grille and bumper cover out of it. They amazingly were able to pound out the fender dent and match the line in the metal. Then they repainted half the front end, including the hood (which wasn't damaged but needed it).

22. DavidGP

Wow sounds like a really good job was done. I always worry when body work needs to be done that the repairers are good and can match up the body lines right so you dont have gaps you can fit a finger through to paint matching but seems in your case they did a great job.

23. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Glad it came out well.

24. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'll post some pics in a second.

25. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Here we go:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. DavidGP

Really good job done by the body and paint shop.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds