Anyone KNow How To Report Unauthorized Material On Facebook?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by superstar, Jan 25, 2012.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

There's a group page on Facebook that has an unauthorized interview as well as artwork my buddy didn't give permission to use on that same page. The page has an email address. He contacted the group page owner via email and he says he no longer has his login info and he's sorry but he can't take it down because of that. My buddy tried to report the page via the report link on that page claiming copy written material, and no one ever got back to him. He's now tried to report it via the "don't have an account? report here" help page on Facebook. Still no ones gotten back to him what can he do now?

The first report was months back and nothing happened. The second was a week ago.

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Will have to look through this page HERE on IP (Intellectual Property) and report it via the best link. or this one HERE

If they dont get back to you then

Facebook, Inc.
    Attn: Facebook Designated Agent
    1601 Willow Road
    Menlo Park, CA 94025
    650.543.4800 (phone)
    650.560.6293 (fax)
    ip@facebook.com

3. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

And if that don't work, create a factious account, join one of the games, purchase credits (which you probably won't receive), do a reverse on your paypal and within days ... they will be in touch (giving you a warning).

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

My Girlfriend is/has been fighting FB on and off along with various other sites for the same reason.
    She say's you are best to create an account to report it since FB will want all YOUR information.
    She said it sometimes takes a couple of weeks but not months.

Unfortunately there is really no other way to do it, since she is in contact personally with an Agent of the F.B.I. and this is his advice.
    Facebook are not the greatest with this stuff, it almost seems like they are more concerned with the offenders privacy than the victims artwork.

Also you have to prove you are the owner of the copyright material, you don't need a copyright number but some form of proof it belongs to him.

She also said Facebook will ask the offender to remove it and in many cases the offender will simply make their page private which leaves you with no evidence. Although this is more to do with sharing material.

Sadly the internet in this respect has the same "If you break into a house and cut yourself on the window you just broke, you can sue them" mentality as the real world.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds