Spoofing

Discussion in 'Software' started by bryzzer, Feb 1, 2005.

1. bryzzer

bryzzer Private E-2

Hello,
    I am having a big problem getting rid of the so called Spoofing.I called my ISP and they saythat is out of their hands and recommended a couple of sites one was www.spamcop.com
    I tried this and it wont stop the spoofing..I get over 1300 emails a day that I have to delete and its really getting me ^%$& .
    Is their any advice or you could pass along to help me on this issue .
    Thanks
    Brian

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

1300 a day.. ? wow, that sounds like more than spoofing to me. Have you asked your ISP if they've seen increased outbound email from your account? Have you scanned your machine recently?

Typically spoofing is random and you may get a handful of emails over a few weeks time. I got 1 the other day. But 1300 sounds too fishy to me. It almost makes me think that the emails are actually originating at your account. BUT that doesn't mean someone isn't using your email as a their ONLY return address. I can't exclude that, but it still doesn't sound right.

3. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

Unless someone is maliciously targeting this address as may happen when someone retailiates against a spammer. If this is the case, there's not much you can do.

But an infected computer is a definate possibility.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Other than change email addresses..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds