limited or no connectivity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gryffe, Sep 19, 2006.

1. gryffe

gryffe Private E-2

hi, I have a problem with "limited or no connectivity".

I have bought a belkin 54mb usb adaptor to try and give me wireless connectivity in a 2nd desktop pc, an e-machines with XP operating system. my main pc is an hp pavillion with XP operating system which connects to the internet via a BT Voyager router. I already have a laptop on the network (Toshiba, XP os) which has no problems connecting to the internet wirelessly. i keep getting "limited or no connectivity" when it is trying to acquire the network address. anybody have any ideas what could be causing this, for info the oldest computer in the network is the laptop which is 9 months old so they are all decent spec PCs - let me know if you need any more info

thanks in advance

gryffe

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. gryffe

gryffe Private E-2

thanks for the links but i couldnt find anything to help there

4. GeekinTraining13

GeekinTraining13 Private E-2

My friend had a similar problem with his HP laptop, and it ended up being his ISP and he has to reset the gateway everytime to be able to get connectivity through his cable modem (trust me it's really a pain) so you might want to at least try resetting your gateway before messing with your wireless router

5. gryffe

gryffe Private E-2

hi, i reset the router to factory settings, uninstalled then re-installed my wireless adaptor on the 2nd pc - bingo - now works a treat with solid connection. thanks to all who replied.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds