My speakers/ Audio wont work!

Discussion in 'Software' started by mh2404, Sep 28, 2007.

1. mh2404

mh2404 Private E-2

hi!

a few days ago i backed up my hard drive and reinstalled my operating system (windows XP) because i had pretty much mucked it up.

this meant i had to re-install all my software but i wasnt bothered. although when i tried to play audio sounds and music on my computer, nothing seemed to happen. i checked my control panel settings and under sounds and audio devices it says that there is no audio device.

could someone please help!!! ill provide more info if its needed. cheers!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

More info is definitely needed. Basically, you need to install audio drivers. If the audio jacks are on the motherboard, you can download the driver from the manufacturer. If you have a seperate sound card, you'll download the driver from whoever made the card. You'll need to know model numbers in either case; the make/model of motherboard or the make/model of the sound card. If you like, you can post this info and we can provide a link or two for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds