HELP! Inserted CD in CD drive but nothing happens!.. and asks for Inserting of CD..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mike9999ad, Apr 12, 2005.

1. mike9999ad

mike9999ad Private E-2

I have this problem...

I put a Music CD / Anime / Game CD into my CD-Rom Drive, it runs.. with lights... but when i click on the CD drive on My Computer it saids "Please insert a disk in Drive F" (my cd-rom drive) BUT the cd is already inside and it's running with lights, and it asks for that...

AND

when i put in a blank CD and to burn stuff off the computer... it works! and it can be read.
    for regular CDs with files in them, i put them in and it doesn't read it .... asks to insert a disk in the drive WHEN there is a CD already inside the CD-ROM DRIVE!!

I think it's something i did in the.. "services.msc" .. go to search and type in that..
    arghh!!.. thanks in reply !

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

Re: HELP! Inserted CD in CD drive but nothing happens!.. and asks for Inserting of CD

what did you do in services

3. mike9999ad

mike9999ad Private E-2

Re: HELP! Inserted CD in CD drive but nothing happens!.. and asks for Inserting of CD

ahh.. i suppose sometimes i can be your CD driev.. the laser thing sometimes reads only some of the CDs but not all..

need to clean it ? it's DUSTY!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds