Laptop won't start...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apdgat, May 12, 2005.

1. apdgat

apdgat Private E-2

Laptop is a texas instruments extensa 610cd, running win95.
    It started heating more than usual, and the laptop was turning off constantly. I first thought of it as a virus, as I had a similar problem with a PC, and as it had win95 i decided to reload it. The laptop continued to turn off in the middle of the installation. Then it just won't start, the power light can be seen for 1-2 seconds and turns off. I don't even get to see the setup screen. Please help me.
    Thank you
    Alberto

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Sounds to me that you have a heat issue. Try installing the software with the laptop on its side. Or prop it up so it isn't resting on its bottom.

How to fight heat? Well, how old is this laptop? When was the last time it was cleaned? Cleaned as in taken apart and cleaned of all the gunk that usually finds its way inside computer nowadays.....

3. apdgat

apdgat Private E-2

I thought about cleaning it, but that's when the laptop refused to start. I didn't get to clean it as I wanted to remove the cover but it was too difficult and I didn't want to ruin it. Maybe i disconnected something inside in the process, because as i mentioned the power light is on for just a second an then everything is off. Could it be a component like RAM, modem, etc causing this trouble?

4. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

After reading your second reply, i would definitely start by looking for possible damage that may have occured when you tried to remove the cover

Did you try prising the case apart near the back where all the connecters are? Also does the laptop reboot or does it just power off?

5. apdgat

apdgat Private E-2

Laptop just powers off after a second or two. Before this happens, i noticed the temperature increased a little bit, so i removed the battery and tried it, but it's the same with or without the battery.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds