Re: Connecting 2 computers 2 the internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aquarius2007, Dec 24, 2007.

1. aquarius2007

aquarius2007 Private E-2

Hello This is Darryl again!!! I have another brain tickler for you all... I was wondering was there anyone out there that knows how to connect multiple computers to the internet... I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanx!!!

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Merry Christmas.:D
    The easiest solution is to get a router for multiple connections simultaneously.
    Assuming a broadband or DSL connection.

3. grumpybugga

grumpybugga Private E-2

To be able to connect two computers to the internet you will need a network inter face card in each machine (most modern motherboards have this built in) you will also need a hub if you are using dial up internet access or you will need a modem router to connect the two machines to. You can also use wireless network cards in the machines along with a wireless modem router. I cna help you through this if you like.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

grumpybugga, I think your comments are good but the phrase "modem router" may lead to some confusion, in my opinion. Are you referring to a combo modem/router? Combo units do exist. So, if that's not what you mean, then he just needs a router for sharing a broadband connection. I'm assuming he already has a broadband modem if he has DSL or cable Internet access.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds