Acer LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dburbrook, Jul 24, 2007.

1. dburbrook

dburbrook Private E-2

I have a monitor that after boot up has a message on screen "OUT OF RANGE" H :91.1KHz V : 85 Hz please change signal timing. Can anyone tell me how to clear this Thanks

2. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

Easiest way is probably to plug in a new monitor and reset your video settings to a resolution your monitor supports. You can also try booting into safe mode first and editing your registry.

The reason you're getting that error is likely because either the refresh rate or resolution set within your operating system is incompatible with your monitor.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

sheesh hit it right on the head.... LCD's generally can't handle refresh rates over 60hz or 65hz (some can, most can't) and chances are, that's what you're problem is. You can try changing it in safe mode, or, uninstall your video driver in safe mode, and when you reboot in normal mode and reload the driver, the refresh will default to 60hz and all should be well.

hd2k

4. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

press F8 until you see the boot menu screen after the computer POST's.

5. kakowa

kakowa Private E-2

im trying to connect a new monitor but my computer seems to only work with the one im using now, how can i get the other monitor to work?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds