Security Center Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by drum_bum04, Jan 17, 2008.

1. drum_bum04

drum_bum04 Private E-2

I am experiencing some problems with Vista Security Center. I am constantly informed that Security Center is turned off; however, when I try to turn it back on I am given an error message stating that the Security Center Service cannot be started. Also, while surfing some sites looking for solutions to my problem, I noticed that my screenshot while in the Security Center looks nothing like other ones that are functioning properly. I've attached some screenshots to illustrate what I am talking about. PLEASE SHARE if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. drum_bum04

drum_bum04 Private E-2

When I try to click "Start This Service" from the services.msc window I get Error 1083 (see error1083.jpg). Security Center is set to Automatic (Delayed Start). When I try to double click on Security Center I get another error message (see Config_Mgr.jpg). Like I said, none of the suggestions I've been able to find elsewhere on the internet have done any good. This is really starting to frustrate me. :confused

Attached Files:

3. drum_bum04

drum_bum04 Private E-2

I have not tried configuring it to it's standard settings. Is there any way you could walk me through it? Thanks.

4. drum_bum04

drum_bum04 Private E-2

Oh yeah, and all of the settings in services.msc were as you said they should be.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds