Flash Drive format problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mikey0426, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Mikey0426

Mikey0426 Private E-2

Hi,

Ok, thanks in advance for your help and assistance in my problem. I discovered a virus on my desktop, and found out later that my cc info was stolen. So to make sure I got rid of everything, I wiped all my stuff, computer and flash drives. The cpu is back and working perfectly. Unfortunately, since the wipe, I can not recover my flash drives.

When I plug them in, windows sees them, I get the beep-beep, and a message the my hardware is now installed and working properly. Windows even assigns them a drive letter. However, when I click on the letter, I get the message "Please insert a disc into drive X:"

I went to the administrative tools and disc management. The drive is listed in the bottom part (not the top, though), but there is no information about it, and formatting is not an option.

I'm sure what I need to do is find a way to format these drives again, but I can't for the life of me figure out a way to do that. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this....

Thanks,
    Mike

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds