Problem with Google maps

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bierman9, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Bierman9

Bierman9 Private E-2

Hi gang,

When I inut an address with Google maps, I get the result, but I am not able to zoom in or out, scroll the map from side to side, or switch to satellite view. I have tried all the suggestions on their troubleshooting page to no avail. I run Internet Explorer with Windows Home XP. Thoughts?

Thnx!

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Check your Flash & Java to make sure up to date. Do you get the same behavior with Firefox, Opera or Safari?

3. Bierman9

Bierman9 Private E-2

Thnx for the tip. My Java and Flash are all cool, though I think I have figured it out. Seems like it's the InPrivate Filtering that affects whether the maps work or not. When on, no go; off and it works OK.

Thnx again!

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If it is Ie8, that makes sense. IE8 is not the best browser out there, 7 is better. Seems that MS broke a few things that may never get fixed with the next version of IE.

5. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Seems that MS broke a few things that may never get fixed with the next version of IE.
    And that comes as some sort of surprise??[​IMG]
    I think they just tried to get to cute with it with all of the add-ons and accelerators. I find if you disable all the extras, it works okay.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds