Cable modem reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oni0n, May 26, 2005.

1. oni0n

oni0n Private E-2

Hi Guys,
    I seem to be having problems with my cable modem. It would seem that every 2 - 3 mins the modem resets it self. Meaning that all the lights light up, then go off and I get disconnected from the internet for a second or 2 then it starts back up. it has been doing it for a few weeks now and I really don't know where to begin look for a problem. I haven't installed any software that I can think of, spybot and NAV scans come up clean, I followed the steps in this thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407, that seemed to have helped for a few days but now its back at it. Anyone have any other ideas for me to try? please help!
    -Onion

2. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

If you got the modem from your ISP then contact them first. Otherwise you'll end up troubleshooting twice and once is fun enough...

If you still need help then answer this;
    What kind of a modem is it, is it a router/modem or just a regular one? Brand, model?
    If router, is the connection bridged or routed?

Start from there and come back with info if you need to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds