DVD door jammed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lsilver, May 5, 2006.

1. lsilver

lsilver Private E-2

I have an NEC internal DVD reader on which the door is jammed.

I've read the 2 other threads about this problem and their solution isn't working for me.

What I've done: with the power on, 1) inserted paper-clip in the pin-hole, 2) got the door to open about 1/4", 3) pulled on the door by hand and with pliers. The door will not budge.

2. heinlein

heinlein Private E-2

I don't know if this will work, but considering you've already resorted to pliers I don't think it could hurt anything to turn off the computer and take out the drive and see if you can get anything stuck inside loose.

3. lsilver

lsilver Private E-2

Thanks. I'm hoping there's a simpler solution because taking the system apart is going to be my last resort -- it is something I never look forward to.

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Removing the drive isnt taking the system apart,two screws for the side of the case,two or four screws for the drive or unclip it,remove two connectors and your done,I could take my drive out right now in 30 secs flat

IMHO its your only option,somethings jamming the machanism and your gonna have to open the drive up to see what it is,in all likelyhood your probably gonna have to buy a new drive anyway,forcing the drive open has only worsened the damage

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds