linux

Discussion in 'Software' started by eric06, Sep 14, 2004.

1. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

i just put linux suse 9.1 personal and when i boot up i get a black screen that slowly fades into a green screen. is this normal? how do i log on?

eric

2. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Hey, eric06.

I've got SuSE 9.1 Personal, too. A forum that I found pretty useful for questions about SuSE is SuSE LInux Support. This is not to take away from the fine folks on this board or the work they do, but the above forum is SuSE specific. As far as Windows questions go, I come to MajorGeeks 1st and most. Also, I have found the people on the SuSE forum to be as helpful as the folks here, which is saying a lot cause I think the folks on this board are the most helpful I've found on the net.

Hope this helps.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Not a problem mdowns. As you know, there are not a lot of Linux gurus here, but there are websites with great info and help. http://www.linuxcompatible.org has some info too.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  4. mdowns

Thanks, MA. I didn't know if I was going to be stepping on any toes with that last comment...I kinda hesitated before hitting the "submit" button.

I'll have to check out that link you provided...haven't seen that before.

5. Major Attitude

Phillip from Ntcompatible (also wrote the backend to this website) owns both and their forums, while not huge, have some quality info and a small group of knowledgeable people. Frankly, our general guideline is if we dont do it here, sned them where they can get the info. Windows wise, I like to think we have it all covered between the files and the forums... I hope so.

6. mdowns

Just clicked on that link you gave me, MA, and it took me to EverybodyFlirts.com. Are you trying to tell me something? ;)

Quite a funny situation. Wonder why that happened?

7. Major Attitude

Oops, it was org, spyware scanning.

8. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

thanks guys. i apprecate the links, i'll try em tonight when i get home from youth group.

eric

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds