Frequently getting disconnected on idle with XP.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Comp01, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Comp01

Comp01 Private E-2

I recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000 Pro (Clean install, not an upgrade install.) and I am on a DSL connection, now I usually stay connected to IM services and IRC 24/7 as well as BitTorrent, but lately I've noticed that when I am idle, I get disconnected, now I know this has to be something on the system side because my other systems, that are connected to the same router, stay on fine, 24/7, and this is really getting frustrating, I've tried changing the LAN Auto-Disconnect timeout (the registry hack at http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/194/) and that has not fixed it, all power saving options are turned off, all drivers are up-to-date, and everything hardware wise is fine, its a brand new system, I just built it a little over a month ago, and I've tried both my on-board NIC and my NIC add-on card, nothing, still the same problem, and its not like I am idle idle on the internet, I am connected to IRC, AIM and MSN messenger, plus BitTorrent downloads plus regular web-browser downloads, and it still happens. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds