Need help with sharper image mp3 Player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by starkait, Apr 19, 2008.

1. starkait

starkait Private E-2

My first post so hope this wasn't already posted..didn't see it anywhere. I purchased a Sharper Image mp3 player as a birthday gift & haven't been able to download any music to it. I have an Ipod & have never had any problems. The manual for the Sharper Image player says to just drag & drop the music file or to copy & paste the music. I've put the music files I want in to the player folder after I installed it, but can't figure out how to actually download onto the player!?!? I've tried everything I can think of so any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated! :confused

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

did you install any software for you player? or does it need software for it? i believe i had to install s/w for my philips mp3 player. now, i just plug it in and use it like a thumbdrive (i just drag and drop what music i want on there). g/l, sos

3. starkait

starkait Private E-2

I installed the software that came with it, but it doesn't seem to have a place to move the music to on that. I t just has text 'read-me' files & pdf form of user manual. When I plug in the player it shows a window that asks if I want to open it with Windows media player, which I do, and I can see the music in the media player but only in the sync file, not in the actual library. When I try to sync to the player it never works. Any suggestions?

4. Nichole

Nichole Private E-2

I got mine for Christmas, and I have tried EVERYTHING. I downloaded iTunes, nothing, Limewire, nothing. And it's saying that it's there, but it's not. And it's really makin' me angry. And everytime I think I have it, I'll unplug it, and in hopes that when I go to music, it'll be there, and it's not.

5. barrysk2

barrysk2 Private E-2

use your windows media player 9. rip the tunes. label them. next connect the player. wait for it to load a driver. move the tunes to the synch column on the right in media player. when the synch button at the bottom gets lit, synch it. be sure the media player is on and set to the 'music' function. if you put the tunes anywhere but into the 'music' file they will not play.

6. killdawabbit316

killdawabbit316 Private E-2

hey i had that problem when i got mine, all you have to do is open the file of the mp3 player and copy and paste all of the music you want on it into the file that says audio, once you do that the music should be there and it should be accessible from the mp3 player itself

7. Stydel311

Stydel311 Private E-2

THe switch on the side NEEDS to be on. Mine came with a wall plugin, the switch has to be on, or else it won't charge. I tried to put Music on mine, and it did the same thing. so I just went to all my Music files, copied them (ctrl+a then ctrl+c) then plug in yer MP3 player with the switch ON. Go to my computer, then click yer MP3 player name (Mines always F or G) then paste (ctrl+v) and it might take some time to put them on there depending on how much Music or other files there r. Then go to yer music and see if its there. With videos, convert them with the MP3 player software, and do the same u did for the music. For E-Books, it only supports .txt file type, word pad on Windows saves in that type.:)

8. Dylan_Renken

Dylan_Renken Private E-2

I had the same exact problem, what you have to do is sync all of your music first,Now instead of going through windows media player or Itunes go to "computer" and go to the player there, it will pop up a window with the memory root of the player, now take the music from the music folder and just move them straight to the "Audio" Folder that simple.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds