AVG not loading at startup?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wayne82, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

I have no idea why, but AVG isnt loading at startup, i have no viruses on here and my computer is tottaly normal. I must have messed something up in the registry when using jvPowerTools or TuneUp2007 i think. I cant find the option to load at startup anywhere in AVG settings. Would it be best to just to re-install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

go to Start > Run and type in msconfig

Tab over to the Startup tab and look to see for any files in the AVG folder. If they are unchecked, recheck them, save the changes and reboot your computer.

3. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

No, AVG isnt there, I always do dumb stuff like this :(

I installed a program called Startup Delayer, thats supposed to speed up windows loadin by staggering the programs, it was crappy so I uninstalled it, I reckon thats whats messed me up.

Any more suggestions please?

4. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

AVG is free. Uninstall it and reinstall it.

5. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Ill do that, a lot easier eh?

Well said matey ;)

6. dream.big

dream.big Private E-2

to open any(?) file/program at startup you should follow the following procedures:

1. open run, type regedit and press enter, this will bring up the registry editor
    2. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
    3. right click on the blank space on the right and click new-->string value
    4. rename it to the program's/file's (which you want to run automatically at startup) name
    note: it doesn't matter what you rename it to
    5. double click on it and type in the exact location of the program/file
    6. click ok and close the registry editor

when the next time you boot up your computer, the program/file should open automatically

***i just figured this out

7. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

I re-installed, its all fine now, thanks people. Turns out this is a slightly newer build too I think and I spotted a newer version of Thunderbird whilst looking!.

Thanks ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds